Interdisciplinary approaches to teaching and learning in STEM have been increasingly advocated as alternatives to traditional approaches, whereby students learn concepts and skills from two or more disciplines that are tightly linked to enhance student knowledge in each of these areas. In this Special Issue, we welcome submissions of both conceptual and empirical research papers that shed light on the discussion of interdisciplinary approaches to STEM in schools.
We welcome submissions addressing topics including, but not limited to:
- Design of curriculum and tasks to enable student learning across disciplinary boundaries in STEM;
- Assessment of interdisciplinary learning;
- Teacher practices with interdisciplinary approaches;
- Theoretical and conceptual frameworks on how interdisciplinary learning can be facilitated;
- Innovative pedagogy for interdisciplinary STEM learning;
- STEM policy and curriculum to support interdisciplinary learning in schools;
- Teacher preparation for interdisciplinary STEM teaching;
- Learning environment that enables student interdisciplinary STEM learning.
The deadline of submission is 31 October, 2022. For more information, please visit https://www.mdpi.com/journal/education/special_issues/interdisciplinary_STEM_teaching_and_learning
Please feel free to send the attached flyer to colleagues who might be interested. We look forward to receiving your submissions!
Lihua Xu, SuChi Fang and Wanty Widjaja